Bristleworm in my tank, this the good kind or bad kind?

jim2766

I found this in my main tank, I have much larger ones growing in my refugium. Are these the good bristle worms, or the bad ones? They do not like light at all. Is there such thing as a good bristle worm? Any and all information will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!!

flower

My eyes are bad...I admit that. But to be honst I don't think those are bristle worms...bristle worms look furry to me...but then again I never saw one that close up either...but the red two toned little ones are the good guys.

jim2766

By the way, these pictures were taken on a dixie paper plate, so it is out of the water in a water drop on a paper plate.

flower

Originally Posted by Jim2766
http:///forum/post/3115272
By the way, these pictures were taken on a dixie paper plate, so it is out of the water in a water drop on a paper plate.

OH that explains it...they look like bristle worm colored slugs...LOL...then they are the good guys..put them back, don't touch them, they sting.

nigerbang

Bristleworm... Nothing more..
Very good to have in a tank.. Eat alot of waste and move the sand around..

To give it some scale.. the one on the left is about 3" or so.. So atleast 6" of the one on the right and notice half is still in the rock... In all its about 12" or more.. about 4 others that size I have seen in the tank...