Bristleworms - how to remove?

What is the best method or tool to remove bristleworms? I bought some live rock that I thought was clean (my fault) and now I have some unwanted visitors. From what I can tell they are Hawaiian Lined Fireworms, from photos I found on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mie

You do not want to remove them they are great scavengers in your tank, every tank has them. If they ever get over populated a cb shrimp will snack on them.

bama man

West wind, like mie said they are good scavengers. If you decide you don't want them there is a small tube type trap that you can get at the LFS. I had a lot of them and decided to thin them out so I purchased one, "Trap- Em" is the name on the package. It's a tube that has an opening on each end. You place some bait, which comes with the trap, in a compartment in the middle of the tube. The worms crawl in and can't get out. When I put it in my tank and turned off the lights it wasn't 5 minutes and they were all over it. I wasn't going to take any of them out but my wife insisted on at least thinning them out. Hope this helps. Happy Thanksgiving !!!

natclanwy

Most bristle worms are fine and are great scavengers, if you decide to remove them you can make a bottle trap from a soda bottle, also someone suggested using a knee high stocking with a piece of shrimp inside it on my thread about removing a bristleworm I was told that the bristle worms get their legs stuck in the stocking

U

usirchchris

My arrow crab crushed my bristle population. This is the only one I have had, so not positive if all arrows are quite as aggressive with bristles, or if mine is unique with its preference. I would not get another arrow, as the bristle as stated makes a very good clean up crew, then can get anywhere.

shyshko08

Take the rocks out that they are in and put it in large bucket. Put saltwater in and dramatically increase the salinity and they should come running out. But if I were you, I'd leave them in there. Like everyone says, they are a great cleanup crew