Broken fin???

brucewrs

The Scatt can move his fin.He is moving it more today.He lets a small French Angel clean it.So I am guessing a fungus?Anyone?

brucewrs

Well,It cleared up.The French Angel picked it off him.Now his side fine is a little chewed up but the reddness is gone.

catawaba

Any chance he is being harrassed or getting 'pinched' by a rock when trying to swim through a narrow opening?

brucewrs

I dont have a Qt running.I really dont want to seperate the 2 Scatts.They always stay together.The one side of his fin cleared up so I hope the other side does the same.

catawaba

I've heard that if you decrease your sp. gr. a bit and increase your temp a bit, the parasitic type bugs/funguses, etc die off quicker.....Don't know if it's true......
BTW, I LOVE your puffer....she likes the camera!

catawaba

Best wishes with it! WEIRD that only one fish and only one fin at a time....Hopefully Ms. Angel will take care of it again. The pictures make it appear to be redness/blood within the fin....it didn't look like it was on the surface. I was thinking your scat had some aneurysm.

brucewrs

hmmm aneurysm?Maybe good call.Yeah the puffer loves the camera and my fingers...He got me 3 times so far.I guess it is my fault for hand feeding him silver sides..

brucewrs

UPDATE>>>> The one Scatt is all better but now the other one has it...This is very strange because The 1st one had it on one side then it cleared up then he got it on the other side .Now its all gone but the second one has it now.Same thing as in the picture...The small French Angel keeps cleaning him. Just like he did on the first one. Its pretty cool to see fish cleaning another.Anyways I still have no clue what it is.I guess it is not life threatening.

catawaba

HI Bruce.
I was reading some other materials on your scatt---some people have reported the 'red fin syndrome' as an early sign for HLLE.....What do you feed your fish? Any immunilogical issues? Do they eat their veggies?

brucewrs

Originally Posted by Catawaba
HI Bruce.
I was reading some other materials on your scatt---some people have reported the 'red fin syndrome' as an early sign for HLLE.....What do you feed your fish? Any immunilogical issues? Do they eat their veggies?
What is HLLE? They eat everything.My fish eat better than I do.LOL
I feed them a mixture of shrimp,clams,mussles,mysin,silversides,romaine lettuce,dryed seaweed sheets and formula one pellets.Not all at the same time..I feed them frozen stuff in the morning and veggies in the evening.