broken skimmer, fire?

jacrmill

I have a prizm skimmer that I think is dying on me. It is pretty old, Ive had it since 2001. I am going to replace it, but I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I wont be able to replace it until I get back. My question is, is it ok to leave plugged in? It stopped working last night, so I took it apart and cleaned it really well, and it started working but not as well. It seems to be working a little better today. But if it does stop working while Im gone is there any risk of it starting a fire? I wouldnt see how, but just thought Id ask.

110innc

How long of vacation? Is anybody watching the tank? I think itll be fine but not sure.
P.S. English Bulldogs rule we have 7 and 8 puppies.

jacrmill

yeah, my dad is taking care of the tank, but he doesnt know anything about saltwater fish. I think itll be fine.
Yeah, our bulldog is about the only thing cooler than our fish tank. please dont post pics, because if you do I will be forced to buy another puppy for my girlfriend. Theyre irresistable.

110innc

Originally Posted by jacrmill
http:///forum/post/2666960
yeah, my dad is taking care of the tank, but he doesnt know anything about saltwater fish. I think itll be fine.
Yeah, our bulldog is about the only thing cooler than our fish tank. please dont post pics, because if you do I will be forced to buy another puppy for my girlfriend. Theyre irresistable.
Thats the truth. There like potato chips. PM me if want to see our website there beautiful pups.