broken tank brace

reelsteel

Has anyone had experience in fixing a middle tank brace? It's on a 65 gallon and it is cracked at the end. I just bought it and noticed it while filing it up. It is only 3/4 full and it is pulling away from the side.
Thanks
Doug

nm reef

Most center braces are a seperate piece of glass that is siliconed in place to prevent bowing of the display. You could easily remove and replace the center brace. Maybe consult a local glass repair shop for specific information.
A 220 Oceanic that I do maintenance on had the center brace come loose on the backside a few months ago. i contacted several local glass repair shops and luckily located a shop owner that is also a hobbyist. he came over and removed the brace...cleaned up the old silicon...re-installed the brace...all for a decent price. As far as I can tell its as good as new.

reelsteel

Sorry, I should have mentioned it is the molded plastic type that is molded to the whole top trim piece of the tank.

S

scott420

I had the same thing
I just cut out the plastic and silconed in a new piece of glass that i had cut to size by the glass shop.
Scott