Brookenylla

sammyjoe

I think this is what is killing all my fish.Does anyone know where it comes from? I've had all my fish for awhile and then all the sudden my dogface puffer started looking really bad. Then my clowns.I've had my clowns for months and they were fine.
So far I have lost five of my eight fish to this slimy disease and i'm wondering what to do for my other three fish if they don't already have it too.
My LM blenny looked fine yesterday but just died from what looked like mucus or shedding skin.So I'm worried for my last three fish.Please help.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Sammyjoe
http:///forum/post/2504924
I think this is what is killing all my fish.Does anyone know where it comes from? I've had all my fish for awhile and then all the sudden my dogface puffer started looking really bad. Then my clowns.I've had my clowns for months and they were fine.
So far I have lost five of my eight fish to this slimy disease and i'm wondering what to do for my other three fish if they don't already have it too.
My LM blenny looked fine yesterday but just died from what looked like mucus or shedding skin.So I'm worried for my last three fish.Please help.
Do you have pictures of this? Can you describe it more? Brooklynella is a parasite that effects the slime coat of clowns. It is known as clown fish disease. It can effect other fish, but not normally. Brook does not sit in a tank for months and then there is an infection. It comes in on wild caught clowns and is noticeable within a week. Brook kills quickly.

sammyjoe

No i don't have a picture but it looks just like the pic of the brook. The shredding skin and mucus around the mouth and gills.Is there another disease that has those symptoms?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Brooklynella is a parasite. The treatment is formalin baths. There are examples of the disease in the Diseased fish thread. Treatment is detailed in the FAQ Thread.