Brooklin Johnny!

bp

Can you explain you fuge plans in detail and how they were made? I am intreasted in setting up a 10gal reef.
thanks
:)

brooklyn johnny

Hey BP thanks for th interest... be sure to check out my thread here in the nano forum or my threads over at nano-reef.com. My refuge on the 10 gallon I designed for use above the tank as that was where I had room in the cabinet. It is very simple in design. On the back of the 10 gallon there is an Aquaclear HOB (hong on the back) filter that I use as my "sump" really. The only thing the filter holds is a powerhead, which shoots water up to the left of the refugium (1/2" inlet). The water than gravity feeds back down the right side of the fuge via a 3/4" drain back into the HOB filter. Here is a picture of the whole operation with the cabinet open...

brooklyn johnny

Here is a top view of the aquaclear itself, with the left line being the kalk drip, the center being the drain from the fuge, and the right being the powerhead pumping up to the fuge. I'd be happy to help you with any questions and good luck...

bp

Thanks for the reply! How many inches up does the pump pump? How do you moniter how fast the water comes back to the tank? How did you drill the fuge?
thanks for your time

bp

I got one more question, Do you have any advice on how to keep clams and sps corals under PC. Do you think that it is you fuge that allows you to do this?