brown alge

mcbdz

Yes.
List tank info. Age, size, lights, livestock. do you use tap water or RO/DI?
Para.

mcbdz

What about the rest of your info. Then we can give you a rundown of what is causing your problem and what will improve it.

casper9888

i have since added 3 snails a nudibranch a coral and a starfish. the alge has seemed to slow down, but i think it is too much 4 the snails to handle and keeps coming. i got told it will sie off but it doesnt look like thats gonna happen

mcbdz

How old is your tank? What size is your tank? What filtration do you have? GPH? What are the actual numbers? Do you have ls or cc on bottom?
I'm guessing your tank is new. If so this is normal and should clear up but you need to start using RO water and not tap for your topoffs and changes. Please give the rest of your info.

casper9888

bout a 120ltr tank, canister filter ok im am kinda new to this and have had the tank for 3 months.i dont know what Is or cc is?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by casper9888
bout a 120ltr tank, canister filter ok im am kinda new to this and have had the tank for 3 months.i dont know what Is or cc is?
LS is live sand, CC is crushed coral. Your tank is new. Please do not buy anything else to eat the diatoms. They will not eat it and will starve. Diatoms are very natural. Most algae eaters do not like them. They will subside in time.

casper9888

i do need more sand, double what i have. but i it second hand, already cycled. bought from a guy that owns a marine shop and it was his display tank and he sold it to me as he had it i the shop, he had no problems

mcbdz

I'm stupid the other way. Do you know about how many gallons? ls is live sand, cc is crushed coral. What do you have on the bottom of your tank? You also need to increase your live rock to 1-1 1/2 lbs per gallon and your gallons per hour turn over is how much water turn over you filters do. You want a min. of 10x and better 20x turn over. If you start using RO water and do the increase of rock and filtration you should be good to go and not have the algea problems.
I would recommend you look at the top of this forum and the is a thread up there by lion-craz. There is lots of helpful info that could help you along. Good Luck