Brown coraline algae?

kmr

I have alittle. I hear it's kinda rare. I have some bright orange algea that I would like to get going. It doesn't seem to grow and doesn't like the light. It would be nice to have more than just pink, purple,and maroon stuff.

chuck

I have a couple of distinct patches. It grows just like coraline and it's a rusty orange to dark brown color. If anyone knows anymore info on this stuff please give me the links or info. Gracias!

hermit

I might be wrong because it normally wouldn't be in a tank without purposly introducing it but what you are discribing sounds alot like the characteristics that Fire Coral would exibit.. Now it could be something else because it normally grows on branch coral but you might have picked up some on something that you bought.
It would normally be a brownish color with some whitish areas... That would be my best guess. It is a a long shot but it's something to followup on.. I guess you could always like it and see if it hurts... hahaha ONLY kidding...
Bill

hermit

I take it back.. That is no Fire Coral.. I have never seen anything like that before... I will keep my eye open for any information about it though...
Good Luck