Brown corals

flydan

Hey,
They are bad because they spread quickly and sting anything that they get close to. I added one peppermint shrimp to my tank when I noticed one in my tank. The next morning it was gone. About a month later I added a piece of lr that had one on it. (lfs guy couldn't get it off.) The next morning it was gone too! Great little critters. Try one, you'll like it!

@knight

i use kalk as well, but I have had more success using the needle to penetrate the stalk and then filling them full of kalk.

big dave

Give them a shot o' Kalk! Thats the best treatment to get rid of those lil suckers. I have heard people say just injecting hot water in them will kill them but, IMO, this doesnt work. Just my 2 cents.

opps. I forgot...what's the proportion of the kalw with R.O.
btw, my lfs advised me to use rice vinegar..is this effective and less dangerous to my tank? what do you think guys?

q

As much as you can to nuke them. :mad:
Mix up a normal batch of kalc but use it before everything settles for a bit more punch.
[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: Plato ]

@knight

you just have to kill them all. they are excellent survivors.
BTW, if you dont want to spend $15 on kalkwasser, you can use Pickling lime from your grocery store. it only costs $2 and is the SAME stuff.