Brown on side of tank

fedukeford

i just got my tank about a month ago and m=now theres brown clups growing all over the glass. i think it might be algea but im not sure??? should i do anything about it or just let it be??

jacknjill

get a mag float and scrape it off if you dont like it. mag floats wont work on hard stuff like coraline but giving the glass a good sweep once a day will keep it from growing. i love mine

fedukeford

ok thx but all the other tanks just clean the front glass ru suggesting to clean the back and side too??

carshark

i use a mag float......but if you water parameters are good you could add a cleanup crew, start with turbo snails. they dig that stuff.......its brown diatoms, youre gonna have it pretty hard for a year or so in the "new tank" so dont worry it'll be there.. also check your levels(test the water) if you dont have a test kit get one, or at least take a sample to your LFS.. if your water is good wait a week test again, if all the levels are still at zero... get a clean up crew going.......they are really beneficial and very inexpensive
the mag float works well all over the tank...front side back etc.....i hardly have any more because i have a full fledged clean up crew going(red legged hermits, turbo snails, astrea snails)