brown stuff

cheets22

I am new to the whole saltwater aquarium thing, but I did a lot of research before setting up my tank. I even set up a trial tank to see how my real tank would survive. I have had my tank set up for 2 months now, and there have been no problems until yesterday when i discovered some brown algae like material coating one of my ornaments and my reef sand and crushed shells. I have researched thigns, but have no idea what this is or how to remove it from my tank? please help..

montidanae

yeah, once your cycle is done you can add a Fighting Conch, they eat diatom off the sand, and a Queen conch wille at it off the rocks, but if your tank is smaller then 30g i would onyl sujest Nassarius snails not a conch, they tend to beg very very big.

weasertt

ok so my tank is 30 gallons. What is my best bet on a clean up crew to take care of the Diatom. I wanna get ASAP

angelofish

Turbos will clean glass and the ornaments.Nassarius snails stir up the the sand and conchs keep it clean.Dwarf hermits will also keep the sand clean. If your going to buy online
<---- <---- hint hint.:yes: ......get it here