Brown stuff???

greg9871

ok this tank has been up and cycled for atleast a month and just a week or so ago this brown stuff started appearing on the bottom so i went to my lfs and asked him about it and he said it could be metal in the water, i know the water i put in has none in it so it has to be coming from else where, but he also said it could be my lights so he gave me a 50/50 phosphate light(which did fix the problem in my other tank ) but so far has done nothing in this tank i also dont have much in it for a cleanup crew to clean it just a couple snails,so i guess my question is could there be some metals in the pumps or some thing i also have not put a skimmer on there yet could this be the problem.

cdangel0

Looks like it is probably just diatoms. Normal stage of cycling. I think all new tanks get it at about the 1 month mark. It should just go away on it's own as the tank matures.

greg9871

another thing i just noticed as the lights went out was a bunch of worms(i assume thats what they are) comming out of the rocks, they look like tubes like a feather duster tube , trying to get a pic but it is challaning with a camera that only has a screen completly black w/o the tank lights on

cdangel0

Normal - I am sitting here in the dark looking at my tank. It is a completely different eco-system after lights out.