BTA Hiding

sjdyer

I just purchased a BTA and a maroon clown fish. The BTA put his foot down on the live rock and started to move. The next time I checked the tank it had moved behind the live rock and did not move. On the second day the clown fish found the BTA and bonded with it. I left the BTA there for 4 days. After that I turn the live rock around so the BTA could be viewed. Also when I did this only the act 03 was running. After 4 hours I turned the 10k lights back on and within an hour or so the BTA moved back behind the live rock again. It has been there for 3 days now. Is this normal will the BTA come out on its own?
Here is a little background about my tank. I have a 75 Gal AGA with a Sea life systems 125 wet/dry, ES5-3 skimmer, Mag 9.5 return with a squid, Stoney Reef kalkwasser reactor. I have 90 lbs of Fiji live rock. The lighting is a CSL 4x65 with true 03 Act. The tank is two years old. I have 2 Green Bubbles, 1 Hammer Coral, 1 Colt Coral, 1 colony of Red Sea Xenia, 1 colony of yellow polyps, 1 green open brain.

T

tulip89

I had one that did do you have that ,and it ended up dying.. Is it fully inflated or is it deflated alot?? How long do you run your lights, and what is the total wattage? And does it eat? Here's mine with my clarkii clownfish.. I guess the clarkii doesn't mine the anemone hanging .. He just loves it :happyfish

sjdyer

It inflates about 2-3 " across the clown fish takes krill and feeds it. The total watts of lights is 260. The lights are run 12 hours per day and moonlight all night. Mine is completely behind the live rock. There is a small opening in the top of in the live rock that the BTA may be getting some light from.

reefsoe

From my own BTA expertise... leave it alone... The more you fuss with it the more likely it will die, it will find a place it is happy with and maybe for the first week not be seen much. It knows its in a new surrounding and hides allot let it adjust at its own pace... And just make sure your clown feeds it or you should... My clowns ignore my BTA so i feed it silversildes, I got it at the size of a quarter and it is now almost the size of a baseball fully open only a few months later.

mr. tuna

i have a carpet and the exact same siduation happened with him,
and instead of being behind a rock, he is hanging upside down from one of the rocks. He was like this for about 4 days now, and he seems to like it. Hint: Dont touch and move the anenome unless you want it to die.