BTA not happy

3rdID

Hi there, we had some problems with our power source and the radion has been off for about a week. It's been a busy week and hadn't noticed it so restored the power and the BTA's wont't open back up to their glory. Currently I moved it to a power head to try to get it moving, and then they just started to blow up. The aqua store folks said I should leave them alone and they'll be fine but we're impatient is there anything I should do or just put them back and leave them be? Thanks in advance, we took a water sample to the aqua store and everything is fine and we did a 15 gallon water change just for arguments sake since we were there. It's a 65 gallon drilled with a 35 gallon sump that's funny it looks like everyone wanted to get in that picture lol there's another damsel and a rasp that are hiding. Thanks for any tips, and have a good one -Steve

Attachments

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
I would reduce white light intensity now and gradually raise back up over the next 3 days. Other than that, leave it alone and let it sort itself out.

3rdID

Doing that now, blues are OK? I have a royal and regular blue along with warm and cool white which I turned both off. Thanks for the advice I'll let you know how it goes -Steve

3rdID

I decided to go 10% a day for 10 days on the white unless you think it may stress out the fish but they don't look like they mind. The tang usually let's us know right away if he's angry. The clowns are actually nursing the nems, here's a link to my one drive it was too big to upload here:

thanks again -Steve

Finding_Nem

Started to bleach due to the fluctuations of your tank. Once a nem bleach its almost impossible to get the color back. Keep a stable tank and feed it more if it will take. Hopefully the color will come back. Good luck.