BTA question.

jsteph24

Ok so I put a Bubble tip anenome in my tank and it seems to be doing great. He has attatched himself to a rock in a spot which looks perfect. The problem is that my clowns wont go near him. I never noticed it before but my Royal Gramma seems to have claimed that territory. The clowns tried to go to it but the gramma sort of opened his mouth and chased them away! Can I move the Anenome to a spot on the other side of the tank even though he is attatched to a rock now? I can't get rid of the gramma being as my wife really likes it. Any suggestions?

sfoister

Well.... there may be ways of enticing him to move to a more desirable location, but I don't know how.
What I do know is that you probably don't want to move him yourself, you may damage his foot. You could always move the entire rock...
The clown may or may not take to him no matter where he moves. It's hit and miss...

jsteph24

Does it make a difference if they are pink skunk clowns? My wife got be one for my birthday and recently decided to add another small one instead of a percula. The pair does great and immediately took to one another. The first night they even slept together in the original clowns spot. Does is make a difference that pink skunk clowns are very docile (so I have heard)?

anonome

I would give it a few more days to see what happens. However, skunks usually will host long tentacle anemones not bubble tips. Try for awhile, and see if they don't care what type it is.

am00re34

as for getting the bta to move, many people have tried directing a powerhead toward them to get them to move. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. hit or miss like many things with bta

Originally Posted by Am00re34
as for getting the bta to move, many people have tried directing a powerhead toward them to get them to move. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. hit or miss like many things with bta
interesting! I might try that! Mine moves like every freaking day. What the heck. Now he's in the BACK of my tank in a cave. He will probably be somewhere else out of sight when I get home from work

starfishlover

Originally Posted by porthosandjazz
interesting! I might try that! Mine moves like every freaking day. What the heck. Now he's in the BACK of my tank in a cave. He will probably be somewhere else out of sight when I get home from work
Mine moves everyday too
.And my morron hasnt found it yet

am00re34

i feel for ya, my first bta decided he liked the back of the tank behind my rocks. Didnt see him for months.