BTA question

olemiss

I've kept btas in the past under T-5s and their tentacles have always been long and straight. Are they more likely to have the bubble tips under halides? I have a 2x2 cube with a 150 watt 14k bulb that I am thinking about placing a bta in once
i sell the rest of my sps. Is the light intensity a strong factor in having bubble tips? Tanks 14 inches deep.

btldreef

Originally Posted by OleMiss
http:///forum/post/3246762
I've kept btas in the past under T-5s and their tentacles have always been long and straight. Are they more likely to have the bubble tips under halides? I have a 2x2 cube with a 150 watt 14k bulb that I am thinking about placing a bta in once
i sell the rest of my sps. Is the light intensity a strong factor in having bubble tips? Tanks 14 inches deep.
The bubbles are completely dependent on the anemone itself. I have 4 bubble tips under MH and only one has bubble tips. The lower the lighting, the more they will reach which will cause extension of the tips, but extension can happen just because it happens. I've been told it has to do with where exactly the anemone is collected from, but I'm unsure about this.

chaseter

I have had two bta's that had bubbled tips at the LFS and then about a month later, they stop showing bulbs. I think mine has something to do with the clown being in it. I think them being in the anemone all the time makes it not produce bubbled tips.