BTA questions

sunshine3387

I have had a BTA for exactly a week, my 2 ocilaris clowns took to it within a day. It has stayed still for a week in the spot I put it. I know they won't typically eat for the first week although the clowns have tried giving it food. My question is, I have a marine and reef 2.0 LED fixture but can't find anything online where it tells what percentage of each color should be going at what times. Also it's let go of some of the zoanthe (spelling)once or twice but looks pretty good any other time. It decided to let go and move a little today but is sideways on a rock, is that ok for them to be like that?

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty common for them to find themselves in awkward looking situations. Try feeding it a small chunk of a silverside and see what it does. Post a pic if possible

sunshine3387

So it was like this, we left and came home to it under the rocks. Slowly moving under the rock to the other side I'm thinking. It's still in the process of moving. Sorry for the poor pics, the site said the good one was too large to upload.

Attachments

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, doesn't look terrible or anything. I'm guessing that it wasn't liking the lighting where it was. See where it finally lands, and feed it. Chances are this isn't the last time it will move.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
The aneome will move around the tank until it finds a spot he will like, he looks pretty good in the picture with my nems I feed frozen krill and they absolutely love it! Thaw it first

Last edited:

sunshine3387

I'll try those too, I give mysis right now for my other fish but I haven't seen the anemone eat yet. SoI'm going to try a couple of things to see what it wants

K

kanondis

Doesn't look terrible or anything. I'm guessing that it wasn't liking the lighting where it was.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited by a moderator: