Bta

My only fear is that the carpet will eat that is hosting it. I have heard that have done that before. However, since my False Percs are TR, then I am not even sure they will host in it.

kydizzle41

just because they are tr doesnt mean they wont host in anemone they'll host a nem if they like one just like a wild clown would

wangotango

Carpets are big and mean. You have the space, but if you are concerned about losing fish (carpets have been known to eat larger fish too), then I'd stick to a BTA.
-Justin

I was kinda learning toward the BTA or even a RBTA, largely because I think the are much more attractive to look at it, at least for me. Would a BTA or RBTA work in a 90g Tank?

subielover

A BTA or RBTA would both work in a 90 gallon, given it is a very established tank. Minimum of six months. Also they need intense lighting, either t5ho with individual reflectors or metal halides are required.

I am actually getting a 75g now. I am getting a really good deal on it. The tank is about 2 years old, but all equipment is about a 1 year old, including the t5 VHO's with it. 75# of live sand and 100# of Live Rock, loaded with a vairity of coral and a few fish. So now sure I will be able to get my RBTA or BTA in that, cause I dont want it to damage the variety of corals in the tank.
But I am getting the week on January 13th.

THe more I think about the more I become uncertain.. largely becaue it is an 8 hour drive round trip... i get to thinking what if the corals dont survive the trip? That I am doing to have to reset it back up as soon as I get home, cause my current tank could not hold that large amount of coral that i am getting this this other tank.. so
and it is such an awesome deal,

fragglerock

BTA are so touchy. One false move...and it's all over.
My carpet stings were very painful, but not as painful as a starving BTA that bit me pretty good.