Bubble algae!!!!

troyw806

I started a 25 gal. nano last sunday (8/21/05). It is still in the cycling phase and I noticed that bubble algae is starting to take over the whole tank. Does anybody know of anything that eats algae? I really don't want to start adding chemicals to the tank this early on. The 10lb lr that I have in there has/had some really neat stuff starting to grow and I don't want to risk losing it. Any help would be great. Thanks

aggies50

Do what jackandjill said. I had bubble algea in my 10 gallon, then I put in an emerald crab. BAM...the next morning It was all gone.

troyw806

I'm getting the tank ready for a snowflake eel. Right now he's in my 40 gal. He hasn't bothered anyone so far but I've kept him fed real well. I guess he'll leave the crab alone as long as he's still fat and happy. Thanks ya'll

aggies50

Originally Posted by nanoreef
cleaner shrimp work ok
Ive never heard that either. Peppermint shrimp however do eat aiptasias. That might be what your thinking.

chamic1

I accidentally pop one and had little bubbles spreading everywhere. When I did a water change, I sucked the bubbles with the siphon and now there all gone but 1 single bubble :jumping: