Bubble Algae

supalupa

Here is a pic of my bubble algae. Got some in the tank from my lfs and it seems to be spreading. Can I add an emerald crab to the tank to eat it? Would an emerald crab be ok with corals? Would it bother anything in a reef aquarium? What are my other options?

jacknjill

Is it spreading a lot? I have a couple, and i actually like them. I know it sounds funny, but mine dont spread and they add color to the tank. People always ask me why i have a marble in my tank lol. Yes, sometimes an emerald crab will clear it up for you. Whatever you do, just be sure not to pop one. Thats what spreads it. Good Luck!
PS, sometimes yellow tangs will clear it up, but i dont know what size tank you have

olga

I think bubble algae looks beautiful! Still..I think apastasia looks beautiful also! lol
Wait for a few months, and I will run here to ask/search forums how to get rid of it.

olga

Originally Posted by JacknJill
Ive heard you can also take the rock out and scrub it with a toothbrush
Do you after use toothpaste also? Can you please suggest which brand?

jacknjill

I have 2 emerald crabs that are fine in my reef.
And, i prefer the Crest Cinnamon flavor, but on occasion use Citrus! :joy:

faddn5

I had a couple emerald crabs but they wouldn't touch it. I now have a foxface and he has been eating it.

olga

Originally Posted by faddn5
I had a couple emerald crabs but they wouldn't touch it. I now have a foxface and he has been eating it.
Did the colgate extra whitenning really whitenned teeth of your foxface? If it did, I can't understand why your crab was so fussy about it.