bubble algae

sp4zz77

Im sure this has been asked at least 100 times but i have a serious algae problem and i was wondering if anyone on here had any solutions, i have a water purifier that seems to have helped a little and i have used a phosphate sponge numerous times and followed the directions on the container.
you all have helped me in the past so i thank you ( its been a while ) so i thought this would be the best place to ask
thanks again.

kelly shaw

i have been fighting bubble algea also. i about got it whipped. i have been using a syphong for the sand bed and sucking up the bubbles into a bucket. then i would pull out my small pieces of live rock and put them in the bucket and gently brush off all the algea. that has been working pretty good but a slow process. i also got 3 emerals crabs last week. they are doing some pretty good damage on it also, but it is a slow process.
good luck.

lt34

Go with the Emerald Crabs. I have 3 in my 90gal and took care of the small amount of Bubble Algae by morning.

opus18

I must be in the last phase of annoyance algea... Have had the hair... the red slime... and now bubble as well... added a emerald crab to my tank... He's making the rounds slowly...

stella

I found some bubble algae on my tank too
and will try the emerald crab, my question is, what will he eat afterwards? will he starve to death or does he eat other stuff too?
thanx and sorry for hijacking

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by stella
I found some bubble algae on my tank too
and will try the emerald crab, my question is, what will he eat afterwards? will he starve to death or does he eat other stuff too?
thanx and sorry for hijacking

I think my EMERALDS DONT TOUCH my bubble aglae is because they are so busy eating everything else!, my Emeralds eat,, NORI, Mussels, clam, krill, EVERYTHING!, Somebody told me if there is NOTHING ELSE to eat they eat the BUBBLE AGAE, but it is not thier favorite!

stella

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I think my EMERALDS DONT TOUCH my bubble aglae is because they are so busy eating everything else!, my Emeralds eat,, NORI, Mussels, clam, krill, EVERYTHING!, Somebody told me if there is NOTHING ELSE to eat they eat the BUBBLE AGAE, but it is not thier favorite!

oh :notsure: