bubble algae?

nexadus

I don't have a picture at the moment, but I spotted some weird, green bubble looking thing, there isnt much of them, just like 3 in my 55 gallon tank, is there anything i should do about this?

Sounds like bubble algae. If you only have a few and you can get to it just manually remove them but be careful not to bust it in your tank because it will release spores and spread.

nexadus

how about buying myself a cleanup crew? i already have hair algae problem, will it help? (im thinking some emerald crabs, and etc)

egill

I used a turkey baster to get most of the bubble algea off a piece of LR I purchased. Worked pretty well.

snakeblitz33

"roll" it off the rock, and be very careful not to pop it. If it pops, it will spread everywhere. Emerald crabs work...
Just for the peace of mind, does it look like this: (also called valonia)

naclh2o nut

I just added a colt on a small rock after about a week I noticed two bubbles that look just like this bubble algae.
Snake, you said to just roll it off, it is in a crevice and not sure I can roll it. Would it be ok to take rock and colt out of tank and remove. then freshwater dip and put back? Like to stop this before any major issues arise.
Thanks in advance.