bubble coral fading away?

cabin7882

I have a frogspawn, some rics, a BTA, a hairy mushroom and some zoos and I'm wondering what is wrong with my bubble coral? it's like slowly dying and I don't know why everything else looks great! anyone got any ideas?

flower

Originally Posted by cabin7882
http:///forum/post/3082814
I have a frogspawn, some rics, a BTA, a hairy mushroom and some zoos and I'm wondering what is wrong with my bubble coral? it's like slowly dying and I don't know why everything else looks great! anyone got any ideas?

Corals do that...one thing will grow like crazy in one persons tank and die in anothers. All the other corals will be fine but that one type.
Bubble coral likes allot of light but not too much flow. All I can offer is to test how the power head is hitting it. The water isn't always the blame.

T

tizzo

I have kept them under low lighting with success, even to the point of bringing them back from bleached white. One thing I did learn though, is that every time you pic them up out of the water, their tissue tears a little. Once or twice and they heal up, but more then that and they usually do not recover.
Also, feed them something meaty like mysis.