Bubble Coral

travis89

Hi guys/gals.
I have been thinking about getting a green bubble coral but was wondering if there is anything special I should know about them. Are they a pretty easy coral or not? I do have some LPS coral now. Thanks in advance.
Travis

anamilasti

i just bought some the other day...favourite coral... opened up fully in one day and had its sweeping tenticals out the next day. very interesting coral to look at... probally one of my fav's..... as far as long term goes not shure but from all my research they will do fine in many conditions....

A

agb1

I love my bubble! Ive had it for almost a year now. It has tripled in size. I dont do anything different other than add my chemicals..I dont spot feed it or anything and it seems to do great. I think its a great choice.

shrmnator

low flow, medium light.. or even on the botton under halides.. you can spot feed em mysis and they look pretty cool eating.. definately not high flow because the water can hit the bubble against its skeleton and damage itself.. have fun with it.. they are cool

travis89

Thanks for the info. I wanted one last coral in my tank that would make a nice show piece and it seemed like a good one to get. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting in over head by getting it.

anonome

The biggest disaster is to set the bubble in too much flow. They need some flow just not enough to blow the bubble around. They can get damaged this way. I have mine low in the tank, on the sand floor, and in the middle as to not get the direct hit by the powerheads.

wrongmove

Bubble corals are really nice just be sure when you get it to check the "blades" of its skelly. If the flesh of the coral is receding then you may want to pass on it. When the bone is exposed like that algae and cyano is able to take hold there and the coral has a hard time growing back. This usually leads to a very slow death of the piece itself.