Bubble not oppening

alimon

I have move she 3 times in the acuarium, from medium flow to low flow (now)
Any suggestions, maybe too much light?
Thanks

alimon

It was open for a day very nice, but now is closed.
I was told to feed it, but where do I place the food?. I do not see a mouth

vi3tb0i

I dont think bubble have mouth i think they feed off of lights idk i might be wrong hope a pro would tell you

pitbull01

Bubbles have mouths!! They have sweeper tentacles that they catch food in. But anyway, how long have u had it? How much light do u have? How is your water quality? They prefer moderate to high water movement.

pitbull01

Originally Posted by alimon
It was open for a day very nice, but now is closed.
I was told to feed it, but where do I place the food?. I do not see a mouth
They feed at night, with their sweeper tentacles and they withdraw them and eat.

vi3tb0i

Originally Posted by pitbull01
Bubbles have mouths!! They have sweeper tentacles that they catch food in. But anyway, how long have u had it? How much light do u have? How is your water quality? They prefer moderate to high water movement.
o okay that is why i say i am not sure

vi3tb0i

Originally Posted by pitbull01
They feed at night, with their sweeper tentacles and they withdraw them and eat.
I didnt know bubble have mouth i never seen one either i seen a bubble coral

alimon

and it was fine for a day, but now she is sad.
Water levels, temperature and light are OK. I know they need moderate flow, what about light? I have it in the middle of the tank, under 2x 250w 10000 MH and 4x28w actinic

pitbull01

Originally Posted by alimon
and it was fine for a day, but now she is sad.
Water levels, temperature and light are OK. I know they need moderate flow, what about light? I have it in the middle of the tank, under 2x 250w 10000 MH and 4x28w actinic
Was it under halides at the LFS? If it wasn't, you may have burnt it...if so, place it at the bottom until it heals and fully opens, then move to its desired location.

alimon

It was not under MH. I will put it in the bottom. Should be in the shade or only in the bottom.
Thanks

pitbull01

It will take some time-you burnt him. He'll heal given good water conditions. Just keep him on the bottom until he FULLY opens-then move him to wherever u want him.

larrynews

i feed mine right in the middle, i give it silver sliders about a quarter of one...he has been doing well