Bubble not oppening

pitbull01

Oh, you meant feeding. Sorry. If its sweeper tentacles come out tonite, feed it. If not, dont be worried-it got burnt pretty bad. It will come out eventually...

alimon

and took it very happly. I am going out of town, I get back to you next week with more pictures
Thanks

pitbull01

GOOD! Glad to hear it! Hopefully when you get back it will be fully open so you can put it wherever...!!

pitbull01

They should get most of their food from the zooanthellae though...so if u have sufficient light, you really don't need to feed it, but it never hurts...

kindbuds2k

cool, ya i have never feed it and its really happy. But i was wondering what other foods u were talking about. Thanks for the info.

notsomuch

I would like to hear if anyone has had their bubble coral kill a fish. I had 2 Percula Clowns for some time and my hubby bought me a bubble coral and a gonipora for my b-day on Friday.
I came home from work, checked my tank, and now no clowns.
My only other critters are 5 small zebra hermits, 1 emerald crab and 1 cleaner shrimp. All were alive and getting along great for a long time.

alimon

I got back, and my bubble looks a little better. Got a little algae in the exposed tips but it has more bubbles.
Should I do something with the algae or wait? I think it is going to make it.

C

civileng68

by the way...........they do have mouths.
You wont see it until it opens fully.
When it opens fully you will see that it is sort of divided into two halfs. in between the halves is a line running down the middle of the entire coral, this is the mouth.
When you place food on the line, slowly (very slowly) it will open up and slowly surround the food and eat it.
It is amazing to watch eat!!!! I just have to keep the cleaner shrimp away from mine as he pulls the silversides right out of it's mouth. The coral is tooo nice. It refuses to sting the shrimp.