Bubble Tip Anemone dead?!?

extremepcs

Hi all,
My BTA looked perfectly fine this morning. 6 hours later, it looks like the picture! Is it dying, or dead? Nothing in the tank has changed since this morning. I've had the BTA for over a month now and it has NEVER looked like this.

extremepcs

SG 1.025
Temp 81.2
Am. 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 8
Lighting - 96w 10k PC. I know you're supposed to use MH for anemones, but why would it have looked perfectly healthy 6 hours ago, and for over a month up until now?
This is what it looked like 2 days ago (when I took the picture. It also looked like this this morning)

ophiura

Anemones do this regularly. They are a very large % water, and every once in awhile, they will basically shrink down to nothing, and then fill back up. It is perfectly normal.

babyb

what size tank is it in, i have one bubble tip that split under 260 wts of pc
th first an i bought ( condy) looked really nice in the tank, they baged it up and i didnt look at it untill i was ready to float it and it looked like yours, we called the place and chewed them out for switching them out, they must have delt with newbies often cuz they were very patient and told us to just wait and it will look normal

extremepcs

Originally Posted by ophiura
Anemones do this regularly. They are a very large % water, and every once in awhile, they will basically shrink down to nothing, and then fill back up. It is perfectly normal.
Thanks. I was worried because it was a green/black color. It's usually sorta pink. Looks like it's slowly coming back. Here's a pic taken about 3 hours after the first one I posted. Lights are off so it's kinda dark, but it looks A LOT better than it did a little while ago. It has never looked like the first pic I posted... That's why I was so worried.

extremepcs

Originally Posted by Gmidd
On a side note I really like your LR! You don't see many big pieces like that.
Thanks. Yeah, I have mostly "boulders" in there. That's all the LFS shop had.