Bubble Trouble

nyreefer

Hi, I have bubble algae on some of my LR. I have read the post on how to get rid of it, but would really like to avoid taking my rock work apart. Is there anything that will eat this stuff? Any idea's how to get rid of it without taking out the rocks or releasing spores into the tank? Thanks...

aarone

try an emerald mithrax crab...if the algaes are still relatively small it will make short work of them!

S

sebae0

i have six in my tank had a couple hitchhiker bubble algaes ride in and they ate them all.

aarone

I have a large one 1.5" in the dislay and a small .5" in the fuge...they just seem to knowck stuff over often :eek:

innsmouth

Foxface Lo and other rabbitfish are supposed to be maulers of this stuff. Emeralds can be sketchy depending on what else you have in there. Plus some don't even touch the stuff.

nyreefer

Hmmm foxface or emeralds... I have considered a foxface but I only have a 55gal, these would be pretty tight quarters for a fish that size. The emerald would be in there with a variety of snails, and a few scarlet hermits. I also thought about a cleaner shrimp down the road. What are the draw-backs of the emeralds? Will it fight with my clean-up crew, or eat my feather dusters? No corals at the moment.

aarone

the only draw back i have seen is they can tend to knock loose items down...they are peaceful detrivores and dont ever attack any of my snails or other crabs.