Bubble Trouble

B

beffsmiff

I have a beautiful bubble coral and it's been doing great ever since I got it a few months ago. One morning I wake up and it's fallen from it's rock and landed upside down on top of my sun polyps. I know that they black spine urchin knocked it over because I found his broken spines under the bubble. Ever since this two of my sun polyps have died and now half of my bubble is dying. I've attached a picture. Is there anything that I should be doing to help it continue to grow?

flower

OUCH! You said you saw spikes from the urchin on it? First, corals sting each other and also urchin spikes sting too. Bubble got a double whammy. The bubble coral just looks ticked off, the flesh isn’t doesn't look ripped apart in the picture, it just looks closed up. It may come out of it on its own in a few more days. If sand got stuck in there, you may lose that section, the rest looks healthy.

B

beffsmiff

Yea I think that the urchin stung my sun polyps because they turned black. I have moved the bubble coral to avoid it falling. Thank you for the info. I will keep taking special care of it and hope that it comes out of it ok. I'm sure that it's not a happy camper. I wouldn't be if I fell, got stung and then got poked.