Bubbles all over....

devilboy

my tank has been running for a year now, and within the last week i am seeing tons of bubbles forming all over the surface of my liverock, on the sides of the tank and everything. what could be causing this? i had a major algae break out, it seems to be getting alittle bit better but my bubbles seem to be getting worse. Any suggestions on what this is from, and how can i fix it?
Readings
Ammonia - 0
Trate - 0
Trite - 0
pH - 8.1
Ca - 390
dKH - 2.5 meq/l
po4 - 0
any ideas??

jonesy

i had the exact thing happen.i had high nitrates and did water changes to lower them. Now i have brown algee all over every thing even my crabs ?

devilboy

well my nitrates are at zero. and from the test readings i got everything seemed fine. i dont know what the heck it could be. i took my penguin filter down today and cleaned it out real good. tomorrow i will do the same with my skimmer. if cleaning the filtration does not help i dont know what to do then. the only other thing i changed is about 2 weeks ago i replaced my PC bulbs.

watertight

I have bubbles over the glass on my tank, too, but I've posted about it in another thread so as not to hijack this one

pallan

are the bubbles possibly coming from your cpr backpak skimmer. mine used to put out a ton of them so i had to buy the the bubble trap made for it.

devilboy

pallan,
good observation, i really dont know, but i have had the skimmer for a year and this is the first time i am having bubbles all over... i do see bubbles coming out of the output nozzle. and see some collecting on the top water surface of the tank. i do have the bubble trap and surface skimmer box, but i dont like it, it is so big and bulky looking inside of the tank.

archon210

does it look like this?

If so it's a type of algae. I am no expert, but I hear emerald crabs are good for it. I am not exactly sure what they are caused by, I am sure one of the more experienced persons could tell you.

20gallon

That's bubble algae in the pic, don't pop them or they'll spread faster. Emerald Crabs have a rep to eat them.