Bubbles from BakPak 2

yvetterich

If someone has a solution to this little problem, please tell me! I recently bought a Bak Pak 2 and it skims great! but, I have a small overflow of tiny bubbles returning to the tank. Is there any way to get rid of these. And yes, I put in the little sponge inside the return tube that CPR sent with it and it doesn't do squat.

S

slk3599

I have a Bak Pak on one of my smaller tanks. It took a couple of weeks to break the thing in and the little bubbles to stop. CPR has a forum for it's customers where you can get lots of information and answers. Look on the papers that came with it or email me and I will let you know the web address.
My emails is: skrueger3@wi.rr.com
[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: slk3599 ]

tonka

CPR makes a bubble trap for that purpose. Wherever you bought the skimmer they should be able to get you the trap.

jtirone

I have been using a 2r for about 8 months. It works great, but I do get bubbles every now and then.
I had bubbles for about 2 weeks when I first installed it. Their website says this is normal. The inside walls need to cover with slime before that goes away. Do not clean the inside walls, or you will go through it again.
Also, I notice I get bubbles when the third chamber is nearly full. This usually happens after I do a water change. Air builds up in the return tube and restricts the water flow. Tap it a few times if this happens and the air will escape.