Bubbles from fug.

spmnarciso

I have a above display tank fug. I'm getting alot of bubbles coming out into my display. Any ideas on how I can eliminate the bubbles?

barry cuda

I think a lot of people have addressed this kind of problem by putting a sponge or foam block inline with the return to stop bubbles. Probably worth a try, anyway.

enomadra

I had the same problem. I have an above display Refugium that is gravity feed back to the main display. I am using a regular bulkhead screen and drilled a hole in the top, then I inserted an acrilic straw that extends up to the top of the over flow box (well above the waterline) and I have no more bubbles. I will try to take a picture of it and post it tonight after I get off work.

spmnarciso

Originally posted by enomadra
I had the same problem. I have an above display Refugium that is gravity feed back to the main display. I am using a regular bulkhead screen and drilled a hole in the top, then I inserted an acrilic straw that extends up to the top of the over flow box (well above the waterline) and I have no more bubbles. I will try to take a picture of it and post it tonight after I get off work.

Yeh, a picture would help. Thanks!!