Bubbles in Algea

whackamole

does anyone else have the problem with bubbles in the algea? My tank has a bad algea problem. The rocks get the sometiimes red slim and sometimes like hair algea on it and then air bubbles( not bubble algea) get stuck in it. I am doing my best to get rid of the algea but that is a struggle. Does any kno how i can keep the bubbles out of the algea??

scsinet

Well why not get rid of the algae to begin with?
Let's start with what you use for water. Do you buy it? If so, from where? Do you use tap water? Have your own RODI?

whackamole

ok. Here are the details.(ive bin trying to get rid of the algea for quite some time)
Water quality fine- water bought from Albertsons Grocery Store it goes through RO and many other process.
Lighting is on for 10 hours- we had it set for 8 but changed it when it didnt seem to help the algea and the corals started looking less colorful(the lighting it pc 192 watts)
We are having problems with temperature in which we are trying to lower now. It reaches 85 in the prime of the day.
Only 3 fish im not over feeding.
umm..anything else??

elitephoto

temp will contribute to the algae. thats the first thing id knock down. Also, How often are you doing water changes and how much? Not sure about the water from the grocery store though...sure there isnt minerals, chlorine and such added to it?

whackamole

The water is supposedly clean and no minerals. When i tested it, it proved beter then water from lfs so..
I do 5 gallon water changes every other week give or take.
And i think temp is helping. cause as i bring it down it seems to appear less.