bubbly water

vince

When under lighting, you can clearly see that there are lots of white particles floating around the aquarium. I mean floating as in all over the place. Are these just bubbles and normal in salt water? Or does this mean my aquarium is not balanced?
it is a 75 gallons and it has been running for about 5 months now.

tacks

Sounds like air bubbles. White particles??? That kinda makes me wonder... I've never heard air bubbles described like that...

vince

maybe particles wasn't the best word to describe them. The water is clear but when I turn my lights on, you can see that there are lots of bubbles(or something that is small and white). Like how you can see dust under lightings. you know?

jimi

Watch them closely even the smallest eventually rise to the top and pop. If they stay suspended they are not bubbles.What kind of pump do you have and how is it plumbed?

vince

they don't stay suspended so I am guessing these are bubbles?
I currently have an overflow box.

ll206

What kind of water do you use. If your answer is tap, that is probably the problem. Depending on where you live, tap water is like our air; polluted. But you can look at it this way; we're still alive.

jacrmill

you using a skimmer? thats just another possibility. mines putting bubbles in my tank, havent got it adjusted right i guess.

vince

yes. are these bubbles bad? does this mean i have bad water?
i dont use tap water during water changes