buddies

birdy

I have a yasha hase shrimp goby and it was one of my favorite fish, well it went MIA a couple weeks ago, I found it today and I am so excited it finally found the pistol shrimp that was introduced to the tank as the same time. Here is a picture:

coastie55g

thats a kool pic,.. they hang out naturaly in the wild.. im guessing the shrimp get the fishes xtra food he doesnt eat?
kinda like relying on each other?:notsure:

birdy

yes, the help each other. The shrimp digs the burrow, the fish uses it for security, The shrimp has poor eyesight so the fish lets the shrimp know when it should head for cover.

nm reef

Congrads with the happy pairing...that is a goal of mine also. I currently have a tiger pistol. I've tried to provide a buddy...a tiger goby and a yellow goby...but so far no luck. I haven't seen the pistol but a few times in 3-4 months...but I know he is still there primarily due to seeing his excavation work under the LR and by hearing him in the early AM hours. The tiger goby didn't survive long and the yellow goby seems to prefer diving over the overflow. I think it dives for the overflow becasue a couple of my larger fish tend to chase it whenever its in the display. Its alive and well but every time I fish it out of the overflow it'll be back in 24-48 hours. I'd like to pair mine up but I doubt I'll be able to successfully add a buddy due to the bullys already established.