Bueaty of the Internet

blackomne

"The internet will someday be labeled as one of the most useful tools ever. Never before has the knowledge of the world been at our fingertips. But here's the thing. If you don't have a question you won't go searching for that information. A person searching knowledge eventually realizes they really don't know anything. That person would be called wise. Think of all the things you would like to know and all the things you think you know. Then go look them up. You will be surprised at what you find. Finally knowledge is no good if it is shared by only one. So take that knowledge and share it will the whole world." - Dominic
So what have you found on the internet besides Saltwater tanks that you would like to share with everyone?
I found I want a house but I am picky. I want this and that and I want it here and there. I looked on the internet and I found a common house design that is all I was looking for. Now instead of buying a house, I think I will have one made. The cost will be about the same as a generic unsatisfying house in my neck of the woods. So why not.

blackomne

Sure if you want to review that design really quick I will post a link to it.
Design
Only thing I have missing from the concept design is the sunken pit in the garage for repairs. I wanted a green house in addition to what I have going but that's no big deal, add on later in the back. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining area, den, family room, kitchen w/ walk in pantry near the laundry room, and the two car garage. Fireplace and walk in closet off the master suite is nice. So far I like what I have going.

brownleaf

Looks good for the plan.
IMO, check the local building code for parking, our is 8.5'x20' each.
Bedrooms are little small though. Is the parameter set or you can alter it?
personaly I would try to move the master bedrm to the far left side for privacy reason (unless you want to access the beer and food fast J/K).
Any way, it's not a bad design!:yes:

kgrimes

Looks great...
I would:
Swap the master bath and master closet, so you can have a window in the bathroom...
Also, how about a little storage space in the master bath for towels, etc. (maybe you could re-arrange that larger storage closet...)?
The bedroom windows seem really small (Bdr 3, especially). You should consider letting more light in.
You can always put up blinds...but it's difficult to knock a hole in a wall if you want more light later. :)
Only one window in the master bedroom (Slider)? Consider putting tall, skinny windows on either side of the bed...(I'm guessing that the bed will be on the right wall...). If privacy is an issue (neighbors)...then just plant something outside or install blinds....
Ditch the two-sink lav in the guest bath in favor of more counter space... also...forget the door between the sink area and the shower...both those spaces will feel so incredibly small you'll have your guests suffering claustrophobia in no time...
:rolleyes:
Put a sink in the laundry room...it's great to have one there so you can wash out your paint brushes somewhere other than the kitchen sink... Trust me.... :)
I'd also try to get a little width on one side of the garage for a work bench, cabinets, etc. You'll go crazy in that tight space. :D
I agree with Brownleaf that the master bdr off the dining room is an odd placement...
Other than that...it looks like a good start...
Have fun!
(I love this kinda stuff)

blackomne

I appreciate the input several good ideas. I am posting the Original plans.
Original Design
The improved with highlighted areas of further thought.
Improved design
I circled the area near the master bedroom. I took out the corridor to increase room to the bedroom and dining room. I so like the idea of having the master on the other side of the house from the other bedrooms. But isn't flowing right.
As for the other circles. Possible locations for two tanks. I have the den because I like a tv room and a seperate sitting room. But the den would be the spot for the tank for sure. I thought about building it into the wall between the family room and the den. See through kind of idea. Probably need to move the doors and alter the wall between the two rooms.

kgrimes

That looks awesome.... you'll love the windows next to the bed. We have them and they're great looking...
Also, I like your other revisions! Good luck :)

marlins #1

Internet is the most powerful tool for research, let me stop there, everything, the world on your finger tips, the biggest communication tool also...
But it has its many disadvantages, big time.....
Even to adults.
But A GOOD PARENT WILL NOT LET THEY'RE KIDS ON THE INTERNET WITH OUT SUPERVISION.
none of them parental locks, mumble jumble, sit next to your kid, if not, you don't know what he's doing.
The INTERNET NEEDS GOD