Buffers and Supplements

M

moatdaddy

Got the new lights which give me 5 watts per gallon and now about to get some nice corals. I have read in some of my books that kalkwasser isnt the best option. That a two part supplement is the way to go. Right now im seeing the best producer is kent marine of the A & B supplements. Was wondering what you guys used. Also here is what will be in the tank as far as corals go.
Richordia
Yuma
Chalice
Tree Leather
Blastomussa
ozypora
duncan
star polyp
zoathid
Most are from a friend who is depolying. I have done as much research as possible on each one but still feel lost. Thanks all

cbj25

Kent Tech A and B are pretty good products. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a solid, comprehensive product, my problem with this product is that it is so comprehensive. I like to figure out what my tank actually needs and dose that instead of dosing a comprehensive two part product. Personally I am using seachems aquavitro line. I use seachem 8.4 for my pH, calcification for calcium, and fuel for all of my trace element. I also have their magnesium product but have not had to use it yet as my magnesium has been pretty constant. I also use marine snow twice a week and feed a cube of cyclopse that has been soaked in something like selcon or seachem vitality. I have previously used DT's phytoplakton and would not reccomend anyone to use it unless your tank is bigger than 55 gallons and has a protein skimmer.