bugs in tank?

wallda

I have a basic Salt Water set up. 50 gallon, 30 lbs of live rock, hippo tang, and lots of snails and crabs. When I first set the tank up I noticed that I had a few bugs on the live rock. They were about 3mm long and clear. I was told that it was normal to have bugs like that by fellow salt water owners. Well a while has gone by and I looked at the glass on my aquarium yeasturday cause it looked kind of dirty and I have thousands of tiny bugs. They are just like the larger clear bugs, except very small. Is this bad? Should I be worried?
Also I noticed I have what appears to be feather dusters forming on the glass also. They have a white spirling body with orange "feathers". These are good right? Lastly is it normal for snails to reproduce in a tank cause I am seeing many small snails crawling arround. Please tell me if my tank is in trouble!!!!! :confused:

@knight

your not in trouble at all!
the larger things are called amphipods and the smaller ones are copepods. These are friendly guys and are signal that you have a healthy growing tank. The featherdusters you describe are tubeworms and are filter feeders. they are nice to have as well. The snails you are seeing are prolly limpets and they are usually algae/detrius grazers and are ok to have as well (you will want to add better snails such as margarita and astreas after your tank finishes its cycling). but yo answer your question, if h2o conditions are right, snails can produce in the tank, but the problem is fish usually eat most the offspring before they get large enuf to count. I recently have seen some baby cerith snails climbing my glass.
Good luck with your tank and welcome to the board.