Building a Custom Acrylic 40gal tank. Questions about lighting.

FrankW

IM currently in the process of building a 40 gal acrylic tank. Just have a quick question on lighting. I'm looking to do fish and corals. Wanted to know what kind of lighting setup would be recommended.
Tank size
34lenght x 16 wide x 18 Height

I was thinking of Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light 24 to 36in setup and the price seems right 115. What kind of corals can I run under these lights? Or if anybody has other suggestions for me. IM willing to spend up to 200.

2quills

Which model are you looking at?

Most led fixtures that are capable of keeping corals are more than $200.

FrankW

I'm not really sure what led lights are Good for corals. I had an old jbj nano 4 years ago. I had to sell it. I'm just getting back into it again. I'm really asking for some suggestion. I'll up the lighting to 25p if it's possible for this tank

lmforbis

You could get a basic 6 bulb 36" T5 fixture and put good bulbs in it and it should work. I bought my T5 fixtures on eBay (Odyssea brand). The fixture is pretty good but the bulbs it came with were crap so I just bought new ATI bulbs and they work great. The fancy ones that are dimmable are really pricey just like the LEDs.