building an Aquapod 24 stand

pete159

I am not a huge fan of the stands that come with most nano cubes so I decided to build one. i'll post the plans and pics of it as I progress. This is what i did last night.

J

jon2arch

Hey Pete,
I to was unhappy with the stands and also decided to make my own. Here are two pictures for you to see. I made mine 36" tall so i could stand and look into it verses haveing to sit or kneel.

extremepcs

Cool. Keep us posted with pics. I'm about to get a 24g aquapod and I too don't like the stands. I built a stand for my 125g, so a smaller one should be a piece of cake!

pete159

Today I have purchased a sheet of 5/8" Particle Board that will be cut up as shown in order to construct the carcass as shown. As we go along I will send you more instructions and take some photos.

extremepcs

Looks good. I was in a time crunch, so this is what I built last weekend. I'll be posting more pics this weekend when I get the tank installed and filled. I still need to build the door, but it works for now.

pete159

looks good extrem, aka jaws, what a handsome fellow he was :thinking:
here's the latest progress on mine

pete159

Ok so i have been a busy painter the last 2 days. I chose red Oak wood finish from minwax as the color. These peices have the second coat drying on them, I'll add the third tomorrow.
The top peice looks kinda like coral i think. The green tape is just to make sure i dont paint the top peice.

pete159

yay all finished :jumping:
now to do a freshwater test only to find out there's a leak!!
...lets hope not:)