bulkhead holes, how close in size?

fixed

I want to put a bulkhead in an acrylic sump. It calls for a 1 7/8" hole. I can't find that size hole saw, but I have a 2". Is that close enough? Any thoughts? Thanks.

turningtim

I think that would work just fine. You're only goning to have a 1/16" gap around the bulkhead and that should work............
HTH
Tim

fixed

Originally Posted by TurningTim
I think that would work just fine. You're only goning to have a 1/16" gap around the bulkhead and that should work............
HTH
Tim
Thanks! Maybe I'll throw in a little silicone sealant to be safe.

squidd

As long as it's acrylic...and a 1 3/4" hole saw is available...
You might want to go with the smaller hole and file it/grind it out the extra 1/16" to get the bulkhead to fit...
They are already sized for a little "wiggle room", and the "additional" 1/8" may be a bit much...

fixed

Originally Posted by Squidd
As long as it's acrylic...and a 1 3/4" hole saw is available...
You might want to go with the smaller hole and file it/grind it out the extra 1/16" to get the bulkhead to fit...
They are already sized for a little "wiggle room", and the "additional" 1/8" may be a bit much...
Yes, I do have a 1 3/4" hole saw, too, as well as a Dremel tool. I suppose I could cut a practice hole in something with the smaller saw and see how it fits. Good suggestion. Thanks.