bulkhead?

brucewrs

$15 each at the LFS...I need 3 of them.I cant see spending that for 2 pieces of PVC and a washer..I need them tomorrow so ordering them online is out.

jessecnc

If you have access to a machine shop, it might be worth making them yourself, provided that your time is free. But that's still a stretch. Many places sell them for less than $5 depending on the size needed.
And yes, your LFS is overpriced...as unfortunately most are.

windmill

Find a boating store (West Marine or something). Look/ask for thru-hulls. Same thing as a bulkhead but usually with a barb attached.
I received my overflow box I ordered a while back. I tried to find a barb to screw onto the end of the bulkheads that came with it but it was a cracked-out size (probably metric or something like 1-5/16"). So i'm replacing them with standard 1-1/2" thru-hulls with barbs. With my supplier discount they're costing me about $3 each. Shouldn't cost anybody else more than $20 for any size in any configuration (even at West Marine).

acrylic51

Originally Posted by SLUGG3R
You can make a pretty good bulkhead using PVC designed for electrical work (it will be gray colored in your hardware store). Check out this site, walks you through it. http://www.truetex.com/bulkhead.htm Especially if you are in a hurry this is a good way to go.
Looks neat, but honestly why take a chance when you can buy the right part for the exact application......I'm not going to trust a make shift bulkhead on my system.....just break down and buy the right bulkheads.....Savko dot com or AquaticEco dot com........

my way

If you buy from Savco do it over the phone! Their site got hacked and someone has been having fun with peoples credit cards. IT WAS NOT THE PEOPLE AT SAVCO. The auction site has bulkheads cheap, that's where I got mine.