Bumble Bee Snails

jhov2324

the Polyps or the snails, well I just got both, have them for about a week, I actually like the snails but if they are going to be a threat to my corals then they must go,

chipmaker

I have had bumble bee snails now for about 8 months and have not had any problems......They are meat eaters for the most part and prefer carion over any other substance. SOme places lay claims they are fine film and algae eaters, i don't dissagree that they will eat algae etc, but only as a last resort most times, as they prefer carion......

clown52

I have had bumble bee snails for 3 years now with no problems that I can tell. I love the way they all manage to find each other and group up every couple weeks.

piscian

I've had mine for almost a year now. I've never had any problems with them eating polyps. They are a great addition to my clean up crew. If anything dies you'll never find it. They also clean up leftover food particals.

chipmaker

Carion is meat of dead critters.....but frozen food will do also.......In a way I do think the use of bumble bee snails could actually reduce the amound of hermits needed. As much sa yuo really do need crabs, I still hate a crab with a passion, but its one of those things, thats necessary for the complete picture / cycle to be effective......

alyssia

I was told on here that there are many different kinds of bumblebee snails, some are reef safe and others aren't.

bread

check the shells on your bumble bees. the ones with one yellow line are the ones that arn't reef safe. the ones with 4 or more yellow lines are ok.

100 guppi

Originally Posted by chipmaker
I still hate a crab with a passion
hermit crabs rock, even the land ones i kno i have one

anonome

Originally Posted by Clown52
I have had bumble bee snails for 3 years now with no problems that I can tell. I love the way they all manage to find each other and group up every couple weeks.
Mine do the same thing!!!! That is so neat. :happyfish

jhov2324

OH man, the ones I have only have one line, so i should get rid of them huh, I had one on my Brown Polyps, last night, but he didn't do anything to them he hung out there and then went back on to the glass,

chipmaker

Well if the ones with one stripe are the bad guiys my tanks are fiull of them, but I will give them all the benefit of the doubt, until I find damages from then. SO far they all behave just fine and do the typical snail thing. I owul dhave to say in 8 months time these one stripers have been perfect so I can't abide by the one strip = bad kind .