Burgandy Linkia issue

sawillia

I just got this guy in my 90 on Tuesday. I acclimated him from 9am to 5pm. From the time I started floating his bag till the time I put him in the tank.
I floated him till about 2 then I took him from his bag and put him in a container... every 25 mins or so I'd add another cup of water from the tank...
I wanted todo the drip method but, I don't have an airstone and didnt know how important that little details was???
Well here is the issue: The star did well the first day and night. it moved around the rock well and no one picked on it...
Yesterday it crawld under a rock and has been in the same position ever since... I cna't tell if it's sick or dieing or what...?
my salinty is 1.024-1.025 temp is from 77-79.7 after the lights turn off...
rates and rites are testing the same all 3 weeks... I've had two people look at the water test and tell me thats Zero (my cards don't have a blue color on them but the test come out blue.. bought new test kit and it's blue too... the RO water tests out blue too...)
Is he sick, Tired, Dieing... should I worry?
TIA

zodiac61

whats your PH? I had 2 of these in my old tank, they are very hearty. They do like to hide, and like the PH 8.1-8.4. My tank temp was 80 degrees. Keep an eye on it, but it should come around.

viper_930

You don't need an airstone to drip acclimate. And IMO you need to drip acclimate stars for at least 6 hours to be safe. They can get osmotic shock VERY easily.

sawillia

I tested the PH at 8.2 at the last water change on Friday...
I turned the lights off again today to see if it makes him happy...
Do you need an airstone for Fish on the drip method?
For now on I'm Dripping...

viper_930

You don't need an airstone at all for anything during the drip acclimation. Did you take him out and start drip acllimating him now? It won't make a difference. He has already been indroduced to the tank so dripping will not do a thing and will not help him get acclimated to your tanks water. The damage, if any, has already been done.

sawillia

I haven't taken him out. I cam home today from work and turned the lights on...
He was still close to where I left him... he has turned a darker Red... I thought he was KIA but, he moved so I left him alone..
His little sucker tube feet under his arms are still active so he lives another day...
Thks guys. Lessons learnd..
I'm going to change the way I do somethings...
:cheer: