Burmese Eggs

reptifish

I finally got egg from my 17' pair of burmese pythons its been a year and i have finally gotten the eggs my friends r waitin for lol just added to the inc were 12 burmese eggs 20 ball python eggs and 1 rattle snake egg which i was lucky to purchas from a friend

Originally posted by reptifish
I finally got egg from my 17' pair of burmese pythons its been a year and i have finally gotten the eggs my friends r waitin for lol just added to the inc were 12 burmese eggs 20 ball python eggs and 1 rattle snake egg which i was lucky to purchas from a friend

ummm ... if you bought a rattle snake egg you got ripped off. Rattle snakes are live bearers, they don't lay eggs.

reptifish

he was working woth some other herpotologist and he says and i quote" we crossed a dimondback rattle snake with a python." so im being the test monkey and hatching the egg

unleashed

ok could someone tell me who in the right mind would cross a viper with a python or why even.I seriously think someone is blowing smoke up your arse

Originally posted by reptifish
he was working woth some other herpotologist and he says and i quote" we crossed a dimondback rattle snake with a python." so im being the test monkey and hatching the egg

reptifish, My first response was just to point out that rattle snakes don't lay eggs. But come on, the chances of any thing like this happening would require ALOT
of funding and a major genetics lab. They would not “sell” the eggs to someone to be their guinea pig. The eggs would stay in a controlled environment and studied.
The difference between a western diamondback (Crotelus atrox) and any of the Boidae (boas & pythons) is astronomical. Scale differences, body, head and the way they even hunt and kill their prey.
They do hybrid some snakes, like ratsnakes and pituophis (bull, pine, gopher snakes) and even with king snakes. I am not saying it is right, and in some cases it produces an interesting snake with characteristic of the two parents. But these snakes are all colubrids, they have enough in common with each other to breed and have off spring.
Come on bud, you are in the works to be a good herper. You got your burms, and the BP’s. If you have them you probably have a few more. But misleading info like saying you have some sort of hybrid viper egg is just to much for me to swallow. I have been herping for coming up on 20 years. I have enjoyed it a lot and have had some great adventures with it. Keep it real and truthful, if your looking to impress someone show them a pic of you holding a 17’ Burmese. It has a way to get peoples attention. Trust me, I know. :D LOL
BTW : here is a little guy I caught about 15 years ago in Texas by the New Mexico border. He's mostly bull snake, but he has something else in him, look at the colors. The worst part is that he was a mule, (sterile) so I was never able to breed him. This pic is just after I got home with him. This is Stripe.
-Brian

skrimpz

sorry but i totally agree with Snakes'n'fish it would not be possible to cross a type of boid with a hot species and would be totally pointless to do so. even at that i have never heard of someone cross breeding a live and egg bearing species together. Even when many types of similar snakes of different species get bred they can be unfertile like Snakes'n'fish found snake. plus the sale of an hot animal must be accompibed with a liscense which the herpdoc may have but i am pretty certain you would not have espically seeing that you have just started herping with (aka burms and balls). sorry to bash your fun.

reptifish

LOL yea probally me teachers at school brought one of thes rattle snake egg jokes to school t o"get" me with im like ok w/e i ope nit and it goes tttttttt im like oh. the next day i brought a box to school and i gave it to my teacher when she opend it my ball pyton houdini was sleeping in it she screamed and the class laughed

tripleshot

If their are any herpotologist in Wisconsin here im looking to get rid of a hog island boa she is about 5'6" long very healthy and very tame. Im looking to get about 150.00 for her.