...but my new 2 wk old Coral Beauty no like food

i_eat_damsels

13 month old 55 gal., wet/dry system, protein skimmer, R/O water changes.
I've got a Naso Tang, Lunar Wrasse, Fire Clown, Blue Damsel, large hermit crab, 15 day old Coral beauty (CB) that's beginning to worry me.
They all eat like champs, but 3-inch CB is not interested at all. The other eat mysis shrimp, squid pieces, algae cubes, and sometimes flakes for my amusement.
Tested my water at home and at local fish store and all readings are good. any ideas on why the new guy isn't eating? He's sort of shy and i think he doesn't like the food i'm dropping in there. any ideas or suggestions?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
A new fish in the tank may be experiencing too much competition with the other hardy eaters. Try offerring the fish some frozen sponge [sold along with most of the other frozen foods] or place some Seaweed Selects [or Nori] on a lettuce clip. Only vegetarian fish will be interested in this, so it might get the angel interested.

ocellaris_keeper

I know this may upset the purest aquarist, but - try formula one flake - all of my fish that refused to eat (flame angel, bi-color angel, Sailfin Tang) either took to the flake or an algae clip. In this case the closet experience is with my angels, they refused to eat formula one frozen but loved the flake.
Give it a go - it's also pretty cheap.