Butterflies

jam1e

well .. you can get some butterflies that don't eat soft coral .. but I'm pretty sure all of them eat hard coral .. make sure to do your research before buying though becuase a lot do eat soft coral

crackers

I have alway heard and read, no there are none, but I have seen some in reef tanks, just wondering if the size of the tank and the amount of corals matter. I was also thinking a foxface was not reef safe either but I just one in a pic of a tank on this site..... now I'm confused!!! :notsure: :notsure:

jam1e

Fox faces are very reef safe .. I have had one in my 90 gallon reef for 8 months and it hasn't touched anything ... and yes . it is believed that they aren't reef safe but I have witnessed many cases where they can be put in tanks with coral .. just not hard coral .. they will eat hard coral like an all you can eat buffet

akhuneteru

Originally Posted by crackers
I have alway heard and read, no there are none, but I have seen some in reef tanks, just wondering if the size of the tank and the amount of corals matter. I was also thinking a foxface was not reef safe either but I just one in a pic of a tank on this site..... now I'm confused!!! :notsure: :notsure:

Yeah I know. At a restaurant down the road they have a copperband and several corals. I have been eating there for a year and the kids always have a good look on the way out. That tank has never changed. I have always wondered how they did it.

jamie814

I've got a copperband in my 90 with softies, hard corals and a maxima clam and it has never touched any of them. Copperbands are pretty good for reefs they will eat any feather dusters right away though.