Butterfly feeding

gksipps

Hello. Just wondering what other folks have successfully fed their butterflies. I just got mine a few weeks ago - actually he's "supposed" to belong to hubby, but since he and my naso tang both let me hand feed them, I have offically claimed them as "mine".
Anyway, all he eats is frozen brine shrimp. Of course, he won't touch any of the veggies that the other fish eat, but he won't go near the krill that is distributed during feeding time either. I'd hate to have to eat the same food every day. Any ideas what else he might enjoy?
(I've not tried any other meats because I only have one other meat eater in the tank, and he's always enjoyed the general variety of food thus far.)
Thanks a bunch,
Karen

gksipps

He's a copperbanded. And so pretty. I about fell over when he and the Naso ate right out of my hand. He's not taken to the greens too well, but I feed the vegetarians Formula 2, "Sea veggies" and occasional flakes, and then they treat themselves to the shrimp and krill as well. I usually have to go with frozen meats because I don't have many meat eaters, and buy really small packages so they won't get freezer burned. :)
I may try the bloodworms and a marine-cuisine type with several varieties in it. Thanks for the tip!

ratpack

copperbanded are dificult fish to feed. you will need a lot a variety so he start eating well. he will do ok with zooplankton, mysis shrimps, blood worms. in the wild the like to pic on invertebrates, specialy anemones and feader duster.
i hope you get him to eat well and something different. i love that fish and i was about to get one but they need a big well establish tank anf with no stress-inducing fish.