button polyps not coming out to play?

timsedwards

Hi Guys,
Bought a polyps almost 2 weeks ago now, and it still hasnt come out properly. it did for a few days when i got it (only about 50%) but since then ahsnt come out at all. It seems well apart from that (not dead). Any ideas what it could be?
Might also be useful to know that only my actinics have been on for the past week or so as trying to counter diatoms. Will this make any difference?
Thanks guys,
Tim.:cool:

timsedwards

Hey Kip,
Well sadly the leather passed away and started disintegrating whilst I was away in Holland, so my dad removed him. Should i expect a slight reading of NH3 tomorrow?
The LFS had it under MH. Yes I have T5's.
So perhaps move it to some shade? What does everyone else think? it is about middle/top in the tank so some shade might be better...?
So you think be patient also? Yes they certainly seem alive. I feed it phytoplankton every 3-4 days and coral-accel at same time.
Will test params tomorrow morning just to double check everything.
Tim.

timsedwards

Hi there,
No its ok i dont mind you checking! Yes I have had one before, and i know they shed their mucus etc, bit this one was falling apart literally and losing actual flesh. Sadly.:(
Thanks for double checking me though!
Tim.

rhomer

Hate to stomp on the thread, but this is to Kip about your comment on the PC bulbs. PC bulbs used to make a fake actinic bulb, but last year they released a real actinic bulb. These are real actinic color, and not just a blue bulb. Just for your info.

timsedwards

Hi Kip,
Yes it was a shame. My Alk is rising as well, it is now 8.7dkH.
I have moved him to midway, should i put him on bottom? Now my other zooanthids, oinly 50% of them are coming out! I hope everything is ok!
BTW do you know any good sites for diagrams on connecting RO/DI? Or do you have any yourself?
Thanks,
Tim.

pyro383

my buttons were fine for a few months and then stayed closed like yours for almost a month, I thought they would be goners but late last month they open up again and have been doing real well.

timsedwards

ok thanks guys!
Looking in the market to get one, just a little complicated for space here at home and where to put the waste water! I like the laundry room water line in idea though.
Thanks all the best,
Tim.